Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Saving Money All Over The Place

Ok so, my wife rocks. Seriously, in so many ways. But tonight she rocked it again in one of my favorite ways. No. Not that. Get your mind out of the gutter. She went shopping.

And how can that be great for me you ask? I'll tell you. Half the time she goes shopping, she makes us money.

First, a little background. Vicki loves to shop. Loves to shop. LOVES IT. Ok, you get the picture. And most of the time that kind of obsession would be very detremental to our pocketbook(does anyone still have a 'pocketbook'), but once again I say, I am a lucky man. And this may be the only time I can make this statement safely. . .

My wife is cheap.

Totally cheap. So cheap it actually frustrates me sometimes. We'll be out shopping and the trip will take 3 times as long because she finds what she wants but refuses to buy it because it's not on sale and she wants to check around at other places. Seriously, she'll go to six different stores just to get it cheaper. Don't get me wrong, I'm always happy when she finds it cheaper, but I don't enjoy shopping, so the price I put on my time during shopping is a lot higher than her time price. Thats how much she loves shopping. She can easily go out for a couple hours, buy nothing at all, and come home happy as a pig in shit. I do not understand. When I have to shop for something I go to the store, find the item, bring it to the cashier and pay for it. I don't even look at the price most of the time. If I need it and I came all the way to store for it I obviously know approximately how much it is and what do I care about the details, that would just make it take longer. Get in, get what you came for, get out. That's my way.

So anyway, where was I on all this? Oh yeah, she rocks. As much as I don't understand her in this area, I get to reap all the benefits. I can quite safely send her out for a 'shopping spree' on the weekend and tell her, "Spend whatever you want, have fun, it's your day!" and she'll come home four hours later feeling guilty over the $65 she spent on 3 pairs of pants, 4 tops, a pair of shoes, a couple things for the kids, and lunch.

No word of a lie, a couple weeks ago she went to Old Navy for almost an hour and came out with 5 or 6 solid items for a grand total of $32. She told me to go in and look at a couple nice things they had for me, so I did. I spent 10 mins and bought two shirts for $50. I was stoked at the great deal I got, and she was aghast at how I overspent! She kills me.

Ok, to recap, my wife loves to shop and she's the absolute best and finding deals because she's so cheap. I love her to death. And finally we get to the part where she makes us money shopping.

Even after she's gotten great deals on things, she can always improve her record with her other great talent, keeping receipts forever. And that's what she did tonight. She went out shopping, didn't buy anything new, but found that two previous purchases she made had now gone on sale and proceeded to go through whatever effort necessary to get back the difference.

So, on two items, she came back from shopping $25 richer than when she went out.

Like I said, she rocks, and I am a lucky man.
Did I also mention that she's a total hottie? She is.

4 comments:

Leanna said...

She's the master. She got Cassie a pair of runners for $3.00..Who does that? She should be a personal shopper...hmmm....I would probably save money by hiring her to do my shopping!

Vicki said...

Aw, honey...thanks. You werre the best deal I ever picked up, though. (Now you can go ahead and scrape the cheese off your screen).

Poetsch Family said...

She is shopping for me these days too, since we have absolutely nothing up here expect for snow and frost.

Poetsch Family said...

I am making money tonight at Crappy Tire. We bought John a hockey bag for 89.99 a couple of weeks ago (no he does not play hockey but he needed a good bag for going to camp)I noticed the same bag in the flyer for 49.99. So I am going to get my money back tonight, so I can spend it on other stuff. Gotta love shopping.