Monday, October 23, 2006

I Wish I Was Bored

Do you remember what it was like to be bored? Seriously, how many times back in high school were you just bored? Nothing to do, nowhere to be, and no one needing us for anything in particular. . . And we hated it! I would my left...umm...well I'd give a lot right now to be bored, truly bored, just for an hour even.

So, today was once again not boring. I personally set it up to be not boring yesterday afternoon when I realized that my wife had no idea how to run her own life or be an adult so I decided that I should tell her how to do that. By yelling. And being mean. And if any husbands out there don't know yet how to tell if your wife has finally understood the wisdom of your teachings, here's a hint: When you see the tears, you know your job is done.

So, our couch is remarkably comfortable, for anyone that might want to come stay with us. So, I made like a cockroach this morning and scurried out the door at the first sign of light. I spent the day trying to concentrate on my work while feeling like a miserable piece of shit and trying to imagine just how my night was going to play out. The drive home was FUN! Fun like walking into a bear's den wearing a steak suit. And how did my night go? What did I get from my wife?

Civility. Conversation. We even had some special time sitting on the couch watching TV with Lauren. So now I'm sitting here feeling even worse than I did this morning. Nicely played Mrs. Rogall, nicely played.

Tomorrow brings with it a field trip for Megan, problems to solve at work, countless errands to run, and a halloween party for Megan at her Sparks meeting, not to mention all the usual crap. Like I said, I wish I was bored.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Serves you right if you made her cry... love you - but us women, we stick together!

Leanna said...

hmm..not quite sure what to say about this one... How about call me if you need some extra blankets for that couch.
I too, love you..but..:-)