Sunday, October 29, 2006

Gone Going Gone

Funny story from this weekend.

Saturday morning is going ahead like usual. We're all bouncing around the house trying to get the day started and trying to get the girls ready for Hip-Hop class. Generally speaking, before 9am we don't really pay as close attention to the kids as most times because we're busy with morning prep and we tend to let them play and stay out of our hair. Ok, I'd better qualify that last remark, I don't really pay close attention in the morning, V always seems to be aware of everything around her.
Anyway, so I'm taking care of things and letting the wife relax with the baby when Megan comes up to me with a smile and says, "Did you notice anything missing?". Not a good question. But what choice do I have, I'll play along.

"No, I didn't notice anything, why? And why do you have your jacket on?" She can barely keep in her giggles at this point and my curiousity is growing as she leads me to the front door.

"It's moving day! I'm moving." she proclaims, as she shows me the following.



That's all the stuff she's decided to bring with her, and she's going to wrap it all up in her blanket to carry it. Then she tells me, "There's a note on the fridge that explains everything."



For those of you not fluent in 6-year-old, let me translate:
"I am moving away, my new phone number is 60999 0110. Your daughter Megan"

I am laughing my ass off at this point and I'm wondering what country she's headed to with a phone number like that. By the time I got back to the front door she was already on her way out.




I grabbed the camera as quick as I could and shot the following video:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Then I threw some shoes on and booked it out the door to catch her. By the time I got around the corner she had turned around with a huge smile on her face and told me,
"I changed my mind, I've decided to stay with you guys. Can you help me carry my stuff?"

Man, you just never know what the day will bring.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

I can't believe you let her get that far before chasing her...good thing we live in a safe neighborhood...

I'll have to be careful about my shower times from now on...She's something else.

Jenny said...

Man this was such a cute post.. she has so much personality! I just love her.

Leanna said...

Hilarious! I missed this post until now and guess who happens to be in my house at this very moment!?! Your daughters of course. So here is Megan telling me she was moving to Emily's house but really she was just trying to be funny and funny she is!

K said...

I am now addicted to your blog- it is so funny. LOVE kids and the things they do. they are what life is ALL about. sweet.

Poetsch Family said...

I just showed Vayda and she thought it was funny. I hope she doesn't get any ideas. I love the letter by the way.