Monday, July 31, 2006

The last few moments...

of our life as we know it. The baby is coming soon and I am trying to enjoy everything I can before then. Leaving the house on a moments notice, NOT changing diapers, and most importantly, sleeping through the night. Oh how the sleep deprivation is going to suck.

So, we organized all the baby clothes on the weekend. It's so strange how we could be surrounded by 5 bins of clothes ranging from newborn to 3+years, and it still seems like we're short on clothes for certain things. Of course, then we realized that if this baby is a boy the 5 bins of clothes we have instantly becomes 2-3 items. Seriously. Screwed if it's a boy.

We have Vicki's friend Jill staying with us this week and I'm really looking forward to it. Vicki can really use some help and some adult interaction during the day right now, and Jill has decided to take on that role (i wonder is she knows that yet).

On Saturday, Vicki and I will have our last date night before the Almighty Sleep Depriver arrives. We are going to see The Phantom of the Opera which is something that her and I have been waiting to do since 1993, literally. We both saw it separately then when it was in Vancouver and we both loved it. Ever since, we have been waiting patiently for it to return so we could see it together and now we will. A nice dinner and night at the theatre. Wow, it's going to kick some ass.

That's all for now.

Peace Out!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Very cool Dono, I really hope that your date night goes well and that you can really lay back and enjoy yourselves! I can't wait for baby to arrive!

Leanna said...

I'm being a bit selfish but I can't wait for your sleepless nights because I want to meet this little baby that has been doing acrobatics in your wife the last 9 months.