Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hey, Look What I Made!

It's a wall. Yup, there is now offically a wall in our garage. We got all the drywall up and the insulation in, AND we even got the door moved over and installed.

Go Dono, It's Your Birthday, Go Dono, It's Your Birthday

Everything went very well, with only one mistake that cost some time. And at the heart of that mistake was...Me. You've heard "Measure twice, cut once" but with me involved it's a little different, more like "Don't let Donovan do the measuring.". No big deal, Jer was there to help save the day and in the end the night was a complete success.

So, I'm a little tired and my hands are sore and bothering me (don't touch fibreglass insulation without gloves) but I am looking forward to banging out some good coding here at work and heading back home to start the mudding and taping. It will be interesting.

I'm looking at my list of things to do at the new house before moving day and comparing it to the available time left and I'm thinking maybe some of the painting will have to be put off til later.

Or I could just not sleep because I mean that's a good 6 hours per night that I am simply just wasting being lazy.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

okay first of all Dono.. this was like reading a bad headline in the newspaper. You know that you are not supposed to be within 10 feet of any electrical power tool let alone actually be in charge of more than 2 at a time! LOL - It is a nice feeling to accomplish something that you have told yourself you weren't able to do isn't it? Glad to hear that you are developing some "handy" skills. Good job.

Angella said...

Good luck with the mudding & taping...that's Matthew's all-time most hated job :)