Friday, April 21, 2006

What Have We Done!

It may just be a case of denial or just not really paying attention(if you know me, you're money is on not paying attention), but I swear my wife did not have a noticable baby bump last week. And last night I see her in a t-shirt and a pair of jeans and it's like, BOOM! there's a pregnant tummy! Suddenly it occurred to me, we're having a freakin' baby! We are way past the point of no return here and whether we're ready or not, that little sucker is coming out in a few months and it is going to expect someone to take care of it. And last time I checked, we don't have a nanny on staff.

In related news, hindsight is still 20/20.

So, once I got past that(all the previous thoughts took about 0.8 secs to go through my head), you know what I realized? My wife is BEAUTIFUL when she is pregnant! This is one of the best things about having kids, being able to watch her grow and feel the baby in there and just experience the whole thing. We're having a baby and I am absolutely STOKED!

I love my life.

And seriously, my wife is the cutest pregnant woman you'll ever see, I definitely married-up a step or two.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

She is beautiful Dono - you picked a good one.. you'll have to post some photos for us to see her progress ok?

patricia, grady & owen said...

Not on this topic (even though I am totally thrilled about baby three!) BUT....Donovan, I am totally addicted to "pink is the new blog"!!! I can't stop reading the trash!!!!!!! Thanks for the GGRREEEAAATTT site. I am a total celeb-freak. Must be me, a pisces, living in my dream world.

Angella said...

Post some pictures of her belly - she must look adorable :)