Monday, January 29, 2007

Thrown Under The Bus

4:20am - Alarm goes off.
Vicki - "I'll hit snooze, we can cuddle"
Me - "No, just turn it off, I'm up"
6:00am - I wake up again. Cuddling always puts me sleep.(TMI?)
6:20am - Ready to leave. I feel like I'm forgetting something....aww, screw it, I'm late.
7:30am - Phone call at work, it's Vicki. Reminds me what I forgot, I didn't re-set the alarm.

She slept in. The kids slept in. Not good. Well, coffee will help her get through it. Oops, forgot to make coffee. At least I prepped a bottle for the baby to make it easier if she needs it. Oh yeah, I used that bottle and left it dirty by the sink. So she's running late, so just give the kids some cereal for breakfast, that'll save time. Hang on, I finished the cereal, I hope we have more.

Well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? This morning will be good for building character.

I wonder what color roses she'd like?

3 comments:

patricia, grady & owen said...

A morning as you described might make Vicki stronger, but will it make you stronger? I have a feeling she was ready to kill you...uh oh...sorry Donovan but I can feel Vicki's pain in your post. lol

Leanna said...

Oh Dono....what were you thinking..oh wait you weren't! lol The best thing about this though is that you are acknowledging your idiotness...(is that a word?) Oh and I think she would rather carnations, they last longer! Then throw in a night out with me..you pay...The Keg and Movies...that should about cover it..hmm..maybe a sleep in day for her too. Shall we say Wednesday then? *w*

Poetsch Family said...

Yellow roses, they are happy and bauutiful. When I chat with her tomorrow, I am hoping she will tell me that she received a dozen roses. Have a great afternoon.