Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Couch Mission

Today, it is my mission to get the couch and loveseat that we want from Costco.

That might not seem like a very exciting or difficult thing, but here is the catch. The couch/loveseat have just recently been reduced to clear and they are very popular. There are only a handful left in the lower mainland, so they need to be bought today. Also, Costco doesn't 'hold' items for you, you have to take it when you buy it. Still, it doesn't seem too tough, right?

Not only do I not have access to any sort of truck, but I also don't have a house to put the couch/loveseat in! I have a call in to the realtor for the house we bought to see if they'll let us put them in there early, and if that comes through I'll have to find a truck rental place and put this all together this afternoon. Of course, since I'm not exactly the Hulk, I will also have to find another human to get involved in this, possibly during work hours.

The outlook is not good. I'll keep you posted.

P.S. This was going to be a nice, mushy Valentine's Day post, but then I read what Vicki wrote for me, and there is no chance in H-E-double hockey sticks that I could compete with that, so that is the reason for the couch mission post.

No comments: